This week is National Clean Out Your Inbox Week! Three weeks into the New Year, some inboxes might be filling up again after tidying them up during the holidays! While this task can sometimes seem endless, there can be light at the end of the tunnel. Read over these tips for help on cleaning out your inbox!
- Make it a routine. Whether it’s first thing in the morning, a few times a day, or the time that works for you, make cleaning out your inbox and handling your emails a priority. Clear away all other work and close other tabs as you focus just on your email.
- Organize into folders. Instead of keeping emails all in one cluttered inbox, create folders and use them. Keeping emails is completely normal and oftentimes is a smart idea to reference them later, so organize all those emails into easy-to-find folders, keeping your inbox clear!
- Answer what you can immediately. When you get a new email, take time to read it. If you can, answer the email right away, file it in a folder, and voila! You’ve got yourself one email closer to a clean inbox!
- Prioritize your emails. If you need to refer back to your email at another time, mark it and then prioritize some time to dedicate to that email.
- Stick with it. Like any habit, you can fall out of it and before you know it, you’ll be right back to a cluttered inbox! Commit to putting these tips into practice. Put a reminder on your calendar, your phone, on a sticky note – all of these can help you make this a normal part of your day.
There are many more ways to keep your inbox less cluttered! Keep these handy, and you’ll be able to say your “Unread” email count is zero at the end of every day and week!